Nitric acid which is also known as aqua fortis and spirit of niter, is a highly corrosive mineral acid. It is also the primary reagent used for nitration, means to the addition of a nitro group. This is also used as a strong oxidizing agent.
- Synonyms : Aqua fortis, Sprit of niter, Hydrogen nitrate, Acidum nitricum
- CAS NO : 7697-37-2
- EC NO : 231-714-2
- Empirical Formula : HNO3
- Molecular Weight : 63.01
- Color : Colorless to pale amber
- Vapour Pressure : 8 mmHg at 20°C
- BP : 120.5°C
- Density : 1.48 g/ml @20°C
- Assay : 59 to 63 %
- Strong acid at ambient temperature.
- Can act as a base w.r.t an acid, such as Sulfuric acid.
- Act as a powerful oxidizing agent.
Nitric Acid Pure Composition :-
|1||Description||Clear colorless liquid||Clear colorless liquid|
|2||Assay||69 - 72%||71.73%|
|3||Wt /ml at 20°C||1.41 - 1.42g||1.418g|
|5||Hydrochloric acid (HCl)||<0.005%||<0.005%|
|6||Sulphuric acid (H2SO4)||<0.01%||<0.01%|
Savgan Heights, 102, B Wing, RTO Lane, Andheri (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400053, India